HVA1 headphone amplifier.
The HVA1 is a reference quality single-ended class A triode amplifier designed to power low-impedance headphones (around 20 to 32 Ohms).
The HVA1 accommodates two line-level inputs. Power output is 3 Watts into 20 Ohms. The enhanced triode circuit (similar to that introduced in our flagship GAT preamplifier) employs two 6922 vacuum-tubes (one for each channel) for voltage gain coupled to a high-current FET buffer stage (source follower). Each of the two channels is powered by its own independent DC regulator. CJD Teflon capacitors and Vishay resistors are featured in the circuits. The level control is a discrete stepped attenuator constructed entirely with Vishay resistors. The circuitry is housed in a heavy, elegant aluminum chassis dressed with anodized brushed aluminum panels on front, sides, and top.
HVA1 Headphone Amplifier
- Power: 3 watts per channel RMS both channels driven into 20 ohms from 30Hz to 15KHz at no more than 2.5% total harmonic distortion or inter-modulation distortion.
- Gain: 14DB
- Sensitivity: 1.4 V rms to rated power
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz +0/-.3 dB
- Hum and Noise: <200 UV below 100mw
- Input Impedance: 12k ohms
- Output Impedance: 20-47 ohms
18″D x 10.25″W x 4.1875″H
Every conrad-johnson HVA1 Line-Stage Preamplifier is patiently and carefully hand assembled, then individually inspected and its performance verified by an experienced audio technician.
The owner is protected by our three year limited warranty covering labor and parts except vacuum-tubes.
Service is a top priority at conrad-johnson. In the event that a product does require service, it will be handled promptly and efficiently.